Planning Your Business Move
We believe that by having a detailed plan in place, the move will go more smoothly. To provide an efficient move for our business customers, we suggest the TWO MEN AND A TRUCK® Seattle Simple Labeling System in which colored labels designate the floor or area of the new building. On the same colored label, a number designates the specific office or room. As an example, “Joe’s office” or “coffee room.” Labels with the same colors and numbers are attached to your floor plan.
Each employee is provided with two helpful guides to move your business. “Employee Instructions” explains to each employee where to place labels on different pieces of office equipment as well as gives them some helpful hints. The “Workstations/Furniture Placement Instructions” allows them to designate furniture placement in their new offices.
TWO MEN AND A TRUCK®
- We provide all necessary trucks, movers, dollies, pads, and packers (if requested).
- A “Lead Mover” is present during the entire move. The “Lead Mover” will be a liaison between TWO MEN AND A TRUCK® and your company.
- We place your furniture where you want it at your new location, based on the TWO MEN AND A TRUCK® Simple Labeling System.
- Provides each employee with our two moving guides. They label the equipment and furniture to be moved and complete the “Workstation/ Furniture Placement Instructions.” These are then positioned on the doorways in the hallways of the new building for proper furniture and equipment placement.
- Prepares all computers and electronics for moving. If equipment is leased, contact leasing company to see if they would prefer to move the equipment.
- Provides us with a copy of the floor plans of the new building prior to the move.
- Ensures that we have proper access to loading and unloading areas. Parking meters have to be capped and the main flow of traffic should be clear throughout the move. This includes parking lots, sidewalks, elevators, and hallways.
Want to know how much it would cost to move your business?